Welcome! The AUTM Mentorship Program is an opportunity for AUTM members to establish one-on-one relationships with experts in university technology management.
Why seek mentorship through the AUTM Mentor Match Program?
• Receive guidance on how to grow and advance your career in academic technology commercialization from someone who has been in your shoes
• Grow your professional network through your mentor and their connections
• Expose yourself to different experiences and different ways of thinking
• Have a sounding board for your approaches to dealing with career situations and challenges.
Why become a Mentor?
• Give back to the community! Others likely helped you find your way at the start of your career; now you can help someone else find theirs
• Be an active AUTM member. AUTM has always been about professional development and excellence. Being a mentor allows you to play your part for the AUTM community
• Expose yourself to new thoughts and fresh ideas from your mentee
AUTM Mentorship Program Information:
• 2022 Mentorship Cohort will run from April to October 2022
• Mentorship pairs expected to meet on monthly basis
• Mentors and Mentees expected to attend 2022 Cohort Kickoff in April
• Mentees expected to participate in monthly events
Complete your AUTM profile. Make sure contact information is up to date, expand on your bio and import your education and job history information from LinkedIn. Having a complete and accurate profile is crucial to the success of selection and matching. Profile complete? Return to this page for step 2.
Are you looking to be a mentor or mentee? Perhaps both? Sign up here! You can also search the current enrolled mentors and mentees and indicate your preference for a match.
• Enroll as a Mentor
• Enroll as a Mentee
The mentorship program will connect you with your mentor/mentee. Both mentor and mentee are expected to attend the 2022 Cohort Kickoff Event to start the program. Then let the mentoring begin!